Our beautiful Amethyst & Clear Quartz pendulums are the perfect tool to help with those indecisive moments. Perfect for gaining some direction in life, wanting clarity on something. The way it works is you ask your pendulum questions about your life - weather simple or complex. The pendulum connects with your energy, so be conscious of that. “A pendulum is connecting to you and your energy in that moment of that day. “It’s ok to sometimes receive answers and then try again the next day and find the answer may have shifted from the previous day.”
How to use your crystal pendulum
1. Cleanse: As with crystals, pendulums need cleansing too. “Cleanse the pendulum under a full moon.
2. Prepare your mind and energy: “It’s key to learn what is ‘yes’ and what is ‘no,'” you have to figure out how it will speak to you. “Take a moment to find a comfortable seat and quiet your mind. Take a few deep cleansing breaths to open up and clear your mind, body, and spirit. Holding the pendulum in your dominant hand with the chain or top link between your thumb and index finger, ask ‘show me yes’ and ‘show me no,’ or ‘what does yes look like’ and ‘what does no look like.'” When you do this, the pendulum will either swing vertically, horizontally, or in circular motions. Take note as to what each answer looks like—for instance, if it went up and down vertically when you said ‘show me yes,’ that is how it will respond in an affirmative way to your question. Mine tend to be the same usually and my 'yes' is in a circle, however it is different depending on your energy.
4. Start with what you know: To get the pendulum going, ask questions you already know the answer to. “For example, ask if your name is what your name is, and ‘do I live in [insert city],'” says Patel. “This can help you connect with the pendulum and get to know its directional swings and how it will communicate with you.”
5. Prep your questions: I recommend having multiple questions to ask. “When looking for clarity or guidance around a situation, have more than one question prepared about the topic to help you gain as much insight as possible and as much guidance,” she says. Something to remember? The pendulum might not always work. “Sometimes a pendulum will not want to answer or not be open to answering a particular question at that time,”. “This can be shown as a separate directional swing or the pendulum might simply remain still.”
6. Remain open: Using a pendulum is all about being at ease. “Just like when you are going through a meditation, try to simply allow the pendulum to communicate freely with you. “The more open you are to receive, the easier you and the pendulum can communicate. And remember, like any practice, you can enjoy the experience and trust in your ability to connect because you already have your own answers.” It’s just a tool, BTW, that’s merely there to help you get closer to your own intuition. You have your own inner truth, after all.